More than 100 people gathered for dinner and dancing—not to mention a little bit of karaoke—Saturday night at the Sparrows Point Country Club for the Dundalk Chamber of Commerce's 2012 Gala and Business Awards cermony.
Chamber President Sharon Luette and manager Dotty Christy presented awards to five honorees:
- Gloria McJilton of McJilton Nationwide Insurance Service and the chamber's vice president won the service award.
- Thompson Automotive won the philanthropy award.
- Dundalk Patch won the innovation award. I accepted the award on behalf of Patch.com.
- Boulevard Diner won the image award. Owner Sam Tsakiris accepted the plaque.
- Del. John Olzsewski Jr. won the president's award.
Olzsewski and his father, County Councilman John Olzsewski Sr., both gave short speeches praising Dundalk's business community.
The party got moving on the dance floor when Steve Saradin and his daughter, Sheila Verardi, started swinging to the beats of the band 5th Avenue. It heated up when Sally Testani took the microphone for a rendition of "Mustang Sally." (See video.)
Upload your own photos of the event by clicking on the green button.