Grab and Go Kids Planner
We've dug up some upcoming events both parents and children will enjoy. Our Grab & Go Kids Planner will point you to places to take your kids each weekend.
Parents mutter about not having enough time to do the things we want/need to do. It’s particularly frustrating when we carve out free time but can’t find anything interesting to do with our kids. Patch will help you out each week by providing a Grab and Go list of upcoming events and activities that are parent/child friendly.
- June 10, Stargazing. Maryland Science Ctr., 7-10:30 p.m., weather permitting. 410-685-5225.
- June 11, Autograph Session: World Series MVP Rick Dempsey, will sign copies of his Tribute to Memorial Stadium. 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Hunt Valley Towne Centre, 118-AA Shawan Rd. Recurring every Saturday. 410-771-3022.
- June 11, Computer Room. Use computers to work independently. Age 13+, Resv. suggested. 1:30-4:30 p.m. Baltimore County Library, North Point, 1716 Merritt Blvd., 410-887-7255. Recurring every Saturday.
- June 12, Community Kick Ball Game. West Inverness Fields, 8301 Lynch Road, Dundalk, noon to 3 p.m. Bring out your children or your own inner child for a community kickball game. Everyone is invited to play, young and old. Free food and drinks provided. Phone: 443-879-9212. E-mail: thelifepointe.com.
- June 12, Pleasing Patterns. Look for patterns in the BMA's paintings, Antioch Mosaics, and frames. Then go in the studio to perfect your pattern-making skills. Workshop: Print a Patterned Matisse Scene. FREE for families. 2-5 p.m, Baltimore Museum of Art, 10 Art Museum Drive, 443-573-1700.
- June 14, Unplugged. Share your creative writing and performing skills onstage. Bring your poetry, music or other creative skills and show us what you’ve got! Registration begins at 6:30 the night of the performance. 7 p.m. start. Baltimore County Library, North Point, 1716 Merritt Blvd., 410-887-7255. Second Tues. of month.
- June 15, Preschool Story Time. Spend time enjoying stories, songs and activities. 10:30 a.m. Baltimore County Library, North Point, 1716 Merritt Blvd., 410-887-7255. Recurring every Wednesday.
- June 15, Your Turn for board games, card games and fun. Teens-ages 11-17, 3:30 p.m. Baltimore County Library, North Point, 1716 Merritt Blvd., 410-887-7255.
- June 16, Computer Room. Use computers to work independently. Age 13+, Resv. suggested. 4-7 p.m. Baltimore County Library, North Point, 1716 Merritt Blvd., 410-887-7255. Recurring every Thursday.
- June 16, Toddler Time. Hear a classic railroad story, create a craft and take a train ride through Choo Choo town. B&O Railroad Museum. 10:30 a.m.
- June 17, Outdoor Movie Night. Bear Creek Rec Council sponsors a free outdoor movie on the third Friday of every month, starting June 17. Films are shown at Bear Creek Elementary School. For more information call the rec office: 410-887-7180.
- Maryland Zoo’s 2011 Breakfast with the Animal Series. Get up close and personal with the animals/keepers. Ticket includes zoo admission. The Maryland Zoo, Druid Hill Park, 443-552-5276.