Police Identify Victim In Avon Beach Road Fire
Ernest Lewis Sr. of Dundalk died Monday at University of Maryland Medical Center.
The man critically injured in a house fire on Avon Beach Road on Dec. 3 died later that day, Baltimore County Fire Department officials said today.
Ernest Lewis Sr., 87, was rescued from the burning house and taken to Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center and was later transferred to the University of Maryland Medical Center, where he died.
Lewis died of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the state medical examiner, according to a statement from public safety spokeswoman Elise Armacost.
The fire was reported at 5:11 a.m. Dec. 3. Dundalk's Engine 6 was the first on the scene and reported heavy smoke coming from the house in the 100 block of Avon Beach Road.
Firefighters found Lewis on the second floor of the house.
As of Thursday, the cause of the fire is still under investigation, according to Armacost.