Here's some information to get your day in Dundalk started:
1. The Weather: Today is supposed to be partly sunny with a high of about 90 degrees, according to the National Weather Service. There will be a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 8 p.m., and the overnight low is expected to be about 77.
In other words, a pretty spectacular day—get outside and enjoy if you're able!
2. From history.com's This Day in History: "The most powerful volcanic eruption in recorded history occurs on Krakatau (also called Krakatoa), a small, uninhabited volcanic island located west of Sumatra in Indonesia, on this day in 1883. Heard 3,000 miles away, the explosions threw five cubic miles of earth 50 miles into the air, created 120-foot tsunamis and killed 36,000 people."
Also on this day, future President Lyndon B. Johnson was born (1908) and Beatles manager Brian Epstein died (1967).
3. The Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) will offer a Coast Guard approved professional captain's licensing course beginning on Sept. 24 at the Dundalk Campus. The course is five weeks of evening and Saturday classes.
4. Dundalk resident David Robert Crews has a handmade guitar he's looking to sell or trade. Check it out.
5. Give this message a read—a grieving mother is grateful to the Captains Sharing and Caring group for inviting her on a cruise that gave grieving parents a chance to relax and enjoy each others' company while remembering their loved ones.