Parents mutter about not having enough time to do the things we want/need to do. It’s particularly frustrating when we carve out free time but can’t find anything interesting to do with our kids. Patch will help you out each week by providing a Grab and Go list of upcoming events and activities that are parent/child friendly.
- June 24, Stargazing. Maryland Science Ctr., 7-10:30 p.m., weather permitting. 410-685-5225.
- June 25, Computer Room. Use computers to work independently. Age 13+, Resv. suggested. 1:30-4:30 p.m. Baltimore County Library, North Point, 1716 Merritt Blvd., 410-887-7255. Recurring every Saturday.
- June 25, What in the World? - Magic and Mystery from Around the Globe. Take an imaginary trip that highlights types of magic that have been performed in each of the seven continents. Baltimore County Library, North Point. 2 p.m. All ages; children under 8 w/adult. 1716 Merritt Blvd., 410-887-7255.
- June 26, Family Fun Day at Port Discovery. Enjoy an afternoon of Family Fun with Family Craft Activities, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. and New Moon Theater at 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. www.portdiscovery.org
- June 26, Pleasing Patterns Tour. Look for patterns in the BMA's paintings, Antioch Mosaics, and frames. Then go in the studio to perfect your pattern-making skills. FREE for families. 2-2:45 p.m, Baltimore Museum of Art, 10 Art Museum Drive, 443-573-1700.
- June 27, Pre-K Drop-in at Marshy Point Nature Center. 7130 Marshy Point Road, Baltimore, MD 21220. http://www.marshypoint.org. 410-887-2817.
- June 29, Preschool Story Time. Spend time enjoying stories, songs and activities. 10:30 a.m. Baltimore County Library, North Point, 1716 Merritt Blvd., 410-887-7255. Recurring every Wednesday.
- June 30, Computer Room. Use computers to work independently. Age 13+, Resv. suggested. 4-7 p.m. Baltimore County Library, North Point, 1716 Merritt Blvd., 410-887-7255. Recurring every Thursday.
- Maryland Zoo’s 2011 Breakfast with the Animal Series. Get up close and personal with the animals/keepers. Ticket includes zoo admission. The Maryland Zoo, Druid Hill Park, 443-552-5276.
- Bowling, AMF Dundalk Lanes, Xtreme Bowling, late nights or weekends. Lights, music, bowling challenges, food/drinks. 1101 Merritt Blvd., 410-282-2000. Pinland Bowling Lanes, 10 N. Dundalk Ave., 410) 285-0135.
- Laser Tag, Ultrazone, Eastpoint Mall, $7.50, single or $25 all-day pass. 410-288-0881.
What are your favorite getaway spots with the kids? Any tips—best times to travel, what to pack for snacks, etc.? Tell us in the comments.