Next Saturday, May 12, the Dundalk Community Partnership will host the first ever DunFest from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Heritage Park.
This event is the brain child of many community groups (including us at the DRC) who are looking to provide a FREE opportunity packed with fun activities, music, and resources for the Dundalk community.
The event will provide a little something for everyone to enjoy. You can listen to family-friendly music at the gazebo, play with turtles in the Green Zone, hang out at the bounce house in the Kids Zone, get free health screenings in the Wellness Zone, hang out on the BCPL Book Mobile, get your picture taken with Poe from the Ravens and much more!
You can find all the details at http://www.facebook.com/events/110944082362867/.
The event is going to be memorable for all those who attend, but you can potentially have an EVEN better time at DunFest as a VOLUNTEER!
Without volunteers from the community it would be almost impossible to throw a party this big! We have tons of opportunities for volunteers at the event. You can do anything from overseeing a kids' game to helping with registration to dressing up as the Dundalk High School owl mascot!
Check out all the options below and contact Leah if you want to help! You can call 410-282-0261 or email at email@example.com. We will gladly work with indiviuals, group, and students!
Volunteers are welcomes to work the entire event or specified work shifts. While an entire volunteer shift is preferred, all help is welcome if even for one or two hours. Volunteers will receive a free DunFest shirt, breakfast and/or lunch, and may receive credit for service learning hours. This event is also great for groups!
Set up: 8 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. (2.5 hours) — Arrive at 8 a.m. to help move and set up tables, assist vendors with parking and set up, arrange and set up various zones. (10-25 volunteers needed)
Zone Volunteer: 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. (shift 1) and/or 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (shift 2) — Dunfest will feature five unique zones. Volunteers are needed within the zones to assist vendors, oversee zone activities (games, moonbounce, coloring, etc), stamp event passports, and be available to answer questions of guests or point guests to info table. Zones include:
- Greening (5-8 volunteers per shift) — assist with games, crafts and info distribution
- Kids (15-25 volunteers per shift) — oversee bounce houses, assist with games and information distribution, line control for various activities, etc.
- Community (5-8 volunteers per shift) — assist with survey questions, vendor booths, directions, clean up
- Wellness (4-6 volunteers per shift) — assist with survey questions, vendor booths, directions, and line control for balloon artist
- Arts (3-4 volunteers per shift) — assist with survey questions, vendor booths, directions, clean up
Face Painters: 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and/or 12 noon to 3:30 p.m. — Will paint guest faces for free. Face painter volunteers are required to attend FREE Face Painting Tutorial on Saturday, May 5, from 9 a.m. to 12 noon at the Church of the Brethern (2660 Yorkway, Dundalk, MD) (6 volunteers per shift)
Registration and Info Tent: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and/or 12 noon to 3:30 p.m. — Assist with bag and map distribution, answer general questions of event attendees, welcomes event attendees, oversee raffle and passport station, help set up and tear down area depending on shift (7-10 volunteers for shift 1, 4-6 volunteers for shift two)
Additional Volunteer Roles
- Poe Mascot escort — 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. — Help Poe from the Ravens around DunFest. (1-2 volunteers)
- Dundalk High School Mascot — 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. — Need volunteer to wear costume and additional volunteer to escort (2-3 volunteers)
- Patapsco HS Mascot – 11 a.m. — 2:30 p.m. Need volunteer to wear costume and additional volunteer to escort (2-3 volunteers)
- Parking Assistants- 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. Need volunteers to help direct vendors and special guests to proper parking and ensure spaces are held for them. (2-3 volunteers)
- Photographers — 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. (can be shifts)- Need volunteers to take candid shots of DunFest. Also need volunteer to take photos at the Poe photo booth. (3-4 volunteers)
Contact Leah at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-282-0261 to volunteer!