The U.S. Court of Appeals in Maryland ruled the charges were "without merit" and violated the statute of limitations, WJZ reported. According to Maryland law, child sexual abuse charges must be filed within seven years of the alleged act.
Clash, 53, is a Turner Station native who graduated from Dundalk High School in 1979.
During the 28 years he worked for Sesame Workshop,which produced Sesame Street, he was credited with creating the current personality of its Elmo character.
Saying he didn't want his personal life to become a distraction for the company, he resigned from his position in November 2012 after the sexual misconduct allegations surfaced.
According to The Baltimore Sun, he is now working to rehabilitate his image.
Marge Neal contributed to this article.
- Dundalk's Kevin Clash on Leave as Voice of Elmo
- Kevin Clash Resigns as Voice of Elmo
- Three Lawsuits Against Puppeteer Clash Dropped
- Clash Accuser Recants Allegations of Sexual Impropriety
- Video: Kevin Clash, Voice of Elmo, Visits Catonsville High
- Dundalk Native, Elmo Highlight Washington Monument Lighting