John Joseph Wilson, 53, of the 2900 block of Dunbrin Road, was charged with multiple counts of robbery, first- and second-degree assault, theft and the use of a firearm in the commission of a felony in six bank and U.S. Post Office robberies, according to a statement from Harford County law enforcement officials.
He also is a suspect in connection with several robberies in Baltimore County, including one in Rosedale, according to Maryland State Police officials.
The robberies were investigated by the Harford County Sheriff's Office, the Maryland State Police, the FBI and the U.S. Postal Inspector's Office, according to the statement. The agencies began sharing information and intelligence in December 2012.
When the Benson, MD, Post Office was robbed at gunpoint Oct. 5, state police detectives identified a suspect. Sharing that information with the sheriff's office allowed them to connect Wilson with six cases, one of which dated to September 2010.
Wilson has been charged with the following crimes in Harford County:
- Sept. 30, 2010 – Madison Square Federal Savings Bank, 2209 Bel Air Road, Fallston
- Dec. 10, 2012 – Madison Square Federal Savings Bank, 2209 Bel Air Road, Fallston
- Dec. 12, 2012 – USPO 108 Connolly Road, Benson
- Dec. 17, 2012 – Sovereign Bank, 1816 Emmorton Road, Bel Air
- April 27, 2013 - Sovereign Bank, 1816 Emmorton Road, Bel Air
- April 27, 2013 - USPO 108 Connolly Road, Benson
The Maryland State Police wave also filed charges in their cases, officials said.
Sign up for the Dundalk Patch newsletter here and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for instant news updates and community conversations.