Cake Connection offers a vast inventory of supplies for making cakes and candy. A sweet smell fills the store as the aisles are full of molds for candy and wafers, cake toppers and icing, brownie pans, lollipop sticks and candles.
Cake Connection also offers cakes made to order for any occassion. Customers can choose from a few books of cake styles and themes, or provide the bakers with an original idea that they will try their best to fulfill. Cake orders generally need 3 days advance notice and three-tiered cakes need 3 weeks notice. Cupcakes have a 2 dozen minimum order and require 4 days notice, while wedding cakes need 3 months notice.
Cake Connection, which is located in the Merritt North Shopping Center in Dundalk just off of the Merritt Boulevard exit of I-695, was started in 1993 by Ed and Shirley Maddy. A dream of Ed's, supported by his lovely wife, they began their cake and candy supply venture together. But in 2009, Ed lost to lung cancer after a 9 month battle. Shirley, with the help of a handful of staff, now continues her husband's dream.
- Hours: Tue - Fri, 10am - 5:55pm; Sat, 10am - 4:55pm; Sun, Mon, closed
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp from the street onto the sidewalk but there is no handicapped parking.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Candy molds, candy wafers, cake icing in bulk, cake toppers, candles, cake decoration, cake pans, brownie pans, lollipop sticks
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Food & dining options: Sugar-free
- Top 10 menu items, or signature dishes: Cakes