General John Stricker Middle School
Named after General John Stricker, who helped thwart British troops at the Battle of North Point in 1814, the school serves primarily students from Bear Creek, Charlesmont, Grange and Sandy Plains elementary schools. The school offers intramural sports and numerous clubs and activities, including chess, band, honor society, newspaper, yearbook and student council. Art, music and health and physical education are included in the curriculum.
- Fax: 410-285-1864
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1968
- Number of students: 786
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: Average class size: 26.2.
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: Classroom teachers: 63
- What makes this community special?: There are 13,900 volumes in the media center and one computer for every 3.9 students.
- Grade levels: 6 - 8
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Chess, Future Teachers of America, Honor Society, literary magazine, newspaper, Quiz Bowl, school store, student council, student service learning, yearbook, band and Black Saga.
- Sports teams: Intramurals.