Sparrows Point High School
Main: 410-887-7517. Cafeteria: 410-887-7511. Guidance: 410-887-7519. Health: 410-887-7542. Library: 410-887-7542.
The current Sparrows Point High School building opened in 1956 with subsequent additions made in 1972. Today, the school offers a magnet program for students with a strong interest in science, including a variety of aquatic and environmentally related courses. Roughly one-quarter of Sparrows Point students attend Sollers Point Technical High for half-day programs, gaining training in technical skills.
- Fax: 410-477-4311
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: Facility opened in 1956.
- Number of students: 792
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: Average class size: 24.3 - 26.2
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Number of faculty: Classroom teachers: 59
- Grade levels: 9 -12
- Special education: Yes
- Advanced placement courses: The school offers Advanced Placement, Gifted and Talented, and Honors courses in English, social studies, mathematics, science and world language.
- Extracurricular activities available: Drama, vocal music
- Student clubs: Future teachers of America, Honor Society, Literary magazine, National Art Honor Society, newspaper, science fair, student council, Students Against Destructive Decisions, yearbook
- Sports teams: Basketball, cheerleading, field hockey, football, golf, indoor track, lacrosse, soccer, tennis, track and field, wrestling